Easy Steps To Make Yarn and Ribbon THANKSGIVING Turkey Craft
Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated on various dates in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Grenada, Liberia,and St. Luciaand sub-national institutions Norfolk Island,Lyden, and Puerto Rico. It began as a day of thanksgiving and sacrifice for the blessings of the harvest and the preceding year.
In Turkey, this holiday was a celebration of Thanksgiving, with family and friends sitting around roast turkey and a series of classic dishes to celebrate, and everyone took turns expressing their gratitude.Many people give each other gifts on this day. Your children are also eager to observe this day. While you are preparing for a Thanksgiving feast, your little ones may be restless anxiously waiting for the delicious turkey and other dishes to be prepared. So keep them busy with these turkey crafts that they can make while waiting. You can help them to craft Thanksgiving cards to Turkey with ribbon & yarn. Yarn and ribbon Thanksgiving turkey is super cute, easy craft and makes a perfect decoration for the holiday. For this you may need ribbon of different colors, styles, or fabric. You can buy a roll of 3 inch satin ribbon in wholesale online or from the local shop.
- Brown Yarn
- Googly eyes
- Orange cardstock
- Glue gun
Steps by Steps Method to Make YARN AND RIBBON THANKSGIVING TURKEY
- Start by cutting two circles from your cardboard, one for the turkey body and the other for the turkey head. For the turkey body, the radius of the circle should be 6cm and radius 2cm of the second circle. To help wrap the yarn around the bigger circle, cut small slits around the circle with radius 6cm.
- Cut a long piece of brown yarn, and wrap it around your turkey body. The length of the yarn depends on how thick you want to wrap it around your turkey. If you want to wrap thickly, then you should keep more length of yarn. You can use about 10 feet. Tape the brown yarn to the back of your cardboard first, then wrap it around the circle in different directions and until the yarn is finished. Tapethe end of the circle behind it using tape or glue gun.
- After this, paste the smaller circle slightly above the center on the larger circle. Cut a piece of red ribbon (or colored paper) and cut a piece of orange paper for the beak. Then glue both of them to your cardboard turkey face with the googly eyes you have.
- Cut different colored ribbons to use for your turkey wings. Heat your hot glue gun and use it to glue the folded pieces of ribbon to the top and back of your cardboard turkey body.
- Use the clothespins as leg and pin it at the bottom of the turkeyto finish yarn & ribbon THANKSGIVING turkey craft.
There are many other crafts that you can make at home using different styles of ribbon and can decorate your homes on holidays like Christmas, New Year Eve’s, and others. However, there are different types of ribbons available out there but satin ribbons are more commonly used. Satin ribbon double face is used to craft bridal dresses, frocks, gowns, wedding decorations, etc.Itadds a smooth and luxuriousappeal to any item.Whenever you buy satin ribbon it can be a bit expensive compared to others. So try to buy satin ribbon by the yard so that you can save some money.
- michael wang