How To Decorate Toss Pillows Using Silk Flower Petals
Made from high-quality peach polyester fabric, silk flower petals provide a true flowery feel and look, and so are a favored alternative for various decorative applications. Unlike real flowers, silk flower petals provide a fresh look for a very, very long time, making them as the ideal decorative material.
Available in a wide range of colors, these are used for a wide range of applications. One of the most creative and effective usages of silk flower petals is decorating toss pillows.
Here we provide you a detailed DIY about how to use silk flower to decorate toss/throw pillows:
- Toss Pillow
- Silk Flower Petal
- Wrapping Paper
- Glue Sticks and Gun
- Wood Craft Stick
Steps To Decorate
- Step 1: On the surface, lay the wrapping paper with its wrong side up. Now, keeping the toss pillow over it, use a pencil and trace the pillow edges.
- Step 2: After taking out the pillow, cut the traced paper.
- Step 3: As per the shape of the paper, you need to create a definitive pattern guide for flower petal placement. Now place the petals on the paper, according to the pattern.
- Step 4: Now, reverse the pillow, getting its front side facing up.
- Step 5: Now, to keep the symmetry of the petal pattern, you need to pick a petal from the center. Apply glue to the back of the petal. Place it back at the center again. You can use the woodcraft stick to firmly adhere the glue to the pillow fibers.
- Step 6: Follow the same procedures for the remaining petals, in accordance with the pattern guide.
Your pillow decoration is done. Make sure to match the pillow design with color and theme of the room.
This is one of the basic and imaginative creation you can implement with silk flower petals. These petals can also be several other decorative purposes, like scattering down the aisle of a church during a wedding, or at the reception tables.
Similar to using flower petals, you can use several other decoration materials like ric rac trims to create beautiful and elegant DIY décor for your home or for an event like a wedding.
- Calvin W